Hi Julie,

Although I do not have a reference to a book on Swahili architecture, we have just added images from an article in the following periodical publication:

MIMAR. no. 29 Sept. 1988

Hope this helps...

Sherry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherry Poirrier
Curator, Image Collections
Smith College Art Department
Bell Hall
Northampton, MA 01063

Email:  [log in to unmask]
Tel:   413. 585. 3116
Fax:  413. 585. 3119
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/14/01 09:15AM >>>
Can anyone recommend a good book on Swahili architecture with lots of color
reproductions? Many thanks for your help.

Julie Marchenko
Curator of Slides and Photographs
Northwestern University
1859 Sheridan Rd., Rm.277, Kresge Hall.