Anna and I would like to extend our heartfelt sympathy at the outrage
against civilised humanity perpetrated in the US yesterday.

Through our frequent visits to America we have come to know very many people
some of whom I believe we can call good friends.  However, after this event,
all Americans are our good friends and through ARLIS/NA  and those who we
have come to know we give our thoughts.  Some of you may have lost, or had
injured, loved ones and we do think of them especially.

We have not had any of our family injured by terrorists in Northern Ireland
but we do know those who have and we know that they suffered a similar pain.
The scale of this outrage by terrorists is unprecedented and we fear further
events of this kind against the US and the rest of the civilised world.  I
am afraid that we agree that the world will be a different place in the
future.  Hopefully, we can make it a better place.

With our sincere and sympathetic feelings

Jim and Anna Emmett