Dear Colleagues:

The U of Pgh, like many other universities around the country, is
pouring money into undergrad programs in recent years.  The Library
Director here has agreed to use some of the extra funds he was given by
the Provost for Ugrad programs toward building a core collection in art
and art history that would be at the Main Library.  Our library - Frick
Fine Arts Library - is a non-circulating and closed stacked collection.
It serves faculty and grad students well, but does not take the needs of
undergrads into consideration.  I want to take advantage of this
excellent opportunity.

I am checking the bibs in the most recent editions of "classic"
undergrad texts, recent publications on faculty reserve lists, and
looking at such series as those by Oxford and Thames and Hudson.  I also
know of the "classic" art and architecture bibs, what I am after is
something VERY recent that provides an undergrad core collection
listing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  Ray Anne Lockard

--
Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."
Ezra Pound