Date sent:              Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:49:19 EDT
Send reply to:          ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Linda Zieper <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                elusive "series" on color theory
To:                     [log in to unmask]

A student came in looking for the books her painting professor had
recommended: a series or set of four books about color theory. Three of the
authors of individual volumes were Birren, Itten, and Munsell. I couldn't
identify any such set or series on the spot. Later I read through Mary
Buckley, Color Theory: A Guide to Information Sources and found no sets or
series listed there either. I did notice that Van Nostrand Reinhold and/or
Reinhold publishers had published books by these authors. Am I missing
something, or are these publications the elusive "series"?

Janet L. Mente
Librarian
Istituto Olandese - Nederlands Instituut te Rome
Via Omero 10-12
00197 Rome Italy
tel. 06 32.69.621
fax: 06/ 32 04 971
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

"I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure seeker,
 or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am.
 ... I am a librarian ... !"
Stephen Sommers
(The Mummy, 1999. Line spoken by Rachel Weisz as Evie Carnahan)