CALL FOR ARTICLES FOR ART DOCUMENTATION

Dear Colleagues,

As Art Documentation Fall 2001 is going to press, under the editorship of
Betsy Peck Learned, it is already time to think of articles for the next
issue in 2002.  The new co-editors of Art Documentation are Tom Jacoby,
recently retired from the Art & Design Library, University of Connecticut,
and Kathy Zimon, Fine Arts Librarian Emeritus, University of Calgary. We are
taking on this responsibility with the guidance of Betsy, who has graciously
consented to help us learn the ropes, and are asking you to commit your best
ideas to paper, for publication in our professional journal.

What are the hot issues for your type of library, or your institution?  Have
you recently presented a paper at a conference that would be of interest to
your colleagues?  Are you involved in a major project that we should know
about?  Where is our profession heading, in the age of the Internet, of
contentious copyright, digitization, metadata, virtual libraries?  Are the
art book, and the slide, still the backbone of our libraries, or are they
headed to oblivion?  The expertise and experience of our members is
impressive - now is the time to share that knowledge with your colleagues, so
we can all benefit from their collective wisdom.

Each issue of Art Documentation includes about 5-6 feature articles,
theoretical or scholarly submissions, about 1500 words minimum length, plus
illustrations, if any; and 2-4 Brain Waves, about library practice or
opinion, about 400 words minimum.  If you have an idea for an article, of
either length, please contact both new co-editors, preferably with a summary
or abstract, via e-mail.  We will reply promptly.  The preliminary deadline
for articles for Spring 2002 is October 15; final deadline is November 15.

Finally, at this difficult time for our colleagues in the north east, who may
be less able to respond to this call, we ask that those of you in other parts
of the US, or Canada, or abroad, who may be less affected by the recent
tragic events, consider contributing an article.  We look forward to hearing
from you.

Art Documentation Co-editors
Tom Jacoby           Kathy Zimon
[log in to unmask]      [log in to unmask]