We all probably know that for all publications we need copyright clearance
to publish images, which in our profession would seem relatively
straightforward, if it's a work of art.  You can go right to a museum's
rights & reproductions office or contact Art Resource or its equivalent (if
one exists).

I have a faculty member who needs to find out about securing copyright
clearance and distribution rights to reproduce film stills in a book.  Is
there an equivalent to Art Resource for moving images?  Or would one have
to contact the film studio that produced the film?  What about photos of
actors/actresses?

Any thoughts?

        -- Roberto

Roberto C. Ferrari