To the members of ARLIS/NA,

I have accepted the position of Reference Librarian at Elmira College in
Elmira, NY, and will start my new job on October 1.  Although I'll continue
to work with art books and materials, they won't be as central to my
position as they were at Purchase College.  I will miss that aspect of my
work, but I look forward to new challenges and (at last!) having the time
and support to pursue scholarly research in art history and to create my own
artwork.

My former position at Purchase will not be advertised until May or June
2002, due to local budget problems and a subsequent hiring freeze.  I would
encourage anyone interested in an entry-level art librarian position (which,
incidentally, includes visual resources) in the metro NYC area to look for
this position to be advertised at that time.

After October 1, I can be reached at:

Gannett-Tripp Library
Elmira College
One Park Place
Elmira, NY  14901
(607) 735-1866

Best wishes to all of you --

Martha Smith
Art & Humanities Librarian
Purchase College, State University of New York
735 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY  10577-1400
(914) 251-6416