Friends,

I wouldn't ordinarily post a business-related issue on the list; but we
can't be the only library contacted by this company and I'd like to know if
anyone else is having a problem with them,:

Has anyone else been hassled by a company called International Business
Directories?  They pressured a new assistant here by telling her that we
had been receiving this title for years, who finally agreed that they could
send us a directory to look at as long as it was free.  They sent it; we
didn't want it; we finally talked them into authorizing a return (at our
expense) after threatening us with, "We have a recording of your assistant
authorizing this purchase."

We are STILL getting "past due" invoices ( for $217.00) after returning
this volume.

Anyone else?
--shannon

Shannon Van Kirk