Due to the compromised mail and express delivery services, the deadline for
nominations for the ARLIS/NA Distinguished Service Award has been extended
two weeks from today's original deadline of September 15th.   Any questions
can be directed to me, as Chair of the DSA committee.
On a personal note, I want to echo my New York colleagues'  warm thanks and
gratitude for the outpouring of support we have received during this
difficult time.  Many images come to mind, but perhaps one of the most
moving is the crowd that gathers nightly along the West Side Highway to
cheer on the relief workers as they exit and enter the disaster zone.  One
hopes that the show of support renews and refreshes the workers as they
carry on.
Milan R. Hughston
Chief of Library & Museum Archives
The Museum of Modern Art