There is a set of slides published and distributed in Great Britain by
MacColour Ltd in association with the UK Advisory Group on Computer
Graphics.  The set dates to 1998, is titled Colour in computer Graphics,
and was put together by Lindsay MacDonald.  There are a series of lecture
notes that accompany the slides.  This material is also available on
PhotoCD. Hope this helps, Margaret

At 03:49 PM 9/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
>A student came in looking for the books her painting professor had
>recommended: a series or set of four books about color theory. Three of the
>authors of individual volumes were Birren, Itten, and Munsell. I couldn't
>identify any such set or series on the spot. Later I read through Mary
>Buckley, Color Theory: A Guide to Information Sources and found no sets or
>series listed there either. I did notice that Van Nostrand Reinhold and/or
>Reinhold publishers had published books by these authors. Am I missing
>something, or are these publications the elusive "series"?
>
>Linda Zieper

Margaret N. Webster
Visual Resources Facility
College of Architecture, Art & Planning