Something I am going to do today in Pgh (I have already given blood, as
have all my staff members).  I am contacting the Pgh Symphony and Pgh's
Mendelssohn Choir to see if both of them can do benefit concerts  -
playing and singing relevant music - Grodecki's 3rd?? symphony, for
example.  And sending the proceeds to NYC and or DC for the relief effort.
Perhaps
others could do something similar in their cities.  Contact the Conductors
and management directors of such organizations in your cities - or ask
your music librarians to do so.

I think we all need to see and hear something positive to help us feel
connected and feel our emotions in a positive, constructive way.

What about related symposia on the art of war -- a benefit with proceeds
going to relief in NYC and DC.

Ray Anne Lockard

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh
                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
                              Voice:  412-648-2410
                                Fax:  412-648-7568
                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
                                   Ezra Pound