Ted - thank you for keeping us updated on events in NYC.

  I would like to extend my condolences to all of our friends and
colleagues who have been affected by the tragic events in NYC and elsewhere
in the U.S.

  We are still in a state of shock and disbelief at what happened
yesterday.  From the news stories, I know that people across Canada are
doing what they can to help --  donating blood, providing accommodation to
travellers stranded at airports from Vancouver to Newfoundland, or
volunteering medical assistance.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Carole Goldsmith
ARLIS/NA Canadian Representative

At 03:46 PM 12/09/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Thank you to everyone who expressed your concern over the tragic events of
>yesterday. Most of the libraries in NYC are well above the downtown area,
>although NYU in Greenwich Village is not too far away. Sherman Clarke
>reports that so far, they are all well.
>
>Downtown New York is completely deserted except for emergency workers.
>Transportation is still not working and people have been urged not to come
>into town.
>
>All ARLIS/NY members appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We will come
>through this...
>
>Yours,
>Ted Goodman, President
>ARLIS/NA

Carole Goldsmith
Reference Librarian
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC   Canada   V5A 1S6

Voicemail:      604-291-3268
FAX:            604-291-3023
Email:          [log in to unmask]      OR     [log in to unmask]