Hello, I wonder if the collective wisdom of the group can shed some light
on a question posed by a friend of mine.  Her late artist-husband left
behind a drawing of a man, in somewhat out-dated dress, surrounded by
porters and bags, about to board an ocean liner.  He titled it "The
Departure of the Prince of Wales."  Does this theme or title or image or
episode ring a bell with anyone?  So far our best guess is the ex-Edward
VIII leaving England to join Wallis Simpson (tho' technically he was no
longer Prince of Wales then).  But could it perhaps refer back to a trip
taken by an earlier Prince of Wales, or a Victorian or Edwardian painting?
or even a work of literature? perhaps a famous newsreel photo??  Please
reply off-list, and thank you all very much.  Robin Bledsoe