Hi All- I want to thank the New England Chapter of ARLIS/NA and IFLA's Art
Libraries Section for the great satellite meeting held last Thur Aug. 16
and Fri. Aug. 17.

The meeting had the theme "How do I find a picture of...?" The Changing
Nature of Image Research.  Thurs. featured a speech by Robert Campbell,
critic and architect, tours in the afternoon and a lovely reception
sponsored and located at Ars Libri. Thanks to Elmar Seibel and  "Lala Rokh
on Beacon Hill" restaurant for the scrumptious food.

Friday featured the keynote speaker Henry Pisciotta on "Image Problems" and
respondents Nancy Allen, Geert-Jan Koot and Elisa Lanzi. Our thanks go to
Nancy Allen and the Museum of Fine Arts for coffee and pastries to start
the day out right!

Afternoon at Harvard University's Harvard Design School featured imaging
projects from around the world including Marie-Claude Thompson from the
Bibliotheque national de France, Helena Zinham from the Prints and
Photographs Division at the Library of Congress and Graham Jefcoate from
the Early Printed Collections, British Library.

After a break sponsored by the Frances Loeb Library, Harvard Design School,
we plunged into Consortial Imaging Projects moderated by Ann Whiteside and
featuring Beth Sandore, Head, Digital Imaging and Media Technology
Initiative, Univ. of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign and Daniel
Greenstein, Director, Digital Library Foundation. Following a summary of
themes by Katharine Martinez, there was a reception at the Fogg Art Museum
sponsored by Worldwide Books.

Special thanks to the ARLIS/NA-IFLA 2001 Task Force: Amanda Bowen, Adeane
Bregman, Sarah Dickinson, Jeannette Dixon, Stephen Nonack, Merrill Smith,
Carol Terry and Hugh Wilburn.

The conference was attended by 175 people from around the world including
attendees from Norway, Mexico, Sweden, Japan, Iceland, Portugal, Czech
Republic, Netherlands, Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, England,
Russia, Denmark, Finland, Australia, and Canada!

Kudos to all those involved in planning this great event!

Ted Goodman, President
ARLIS/NA