[log in to unmask] writes:
>A patron has one of those questions... the kind that only the
>kind-hearted and generous whiz kids of ARLIS can solve!
>
>She's looking for a painting of people looking at art.  Or, if such a
>thing can't be found, of an audience at a play or opera or some other
>performance.  Essentially - a painting of an audience, with a museum or
>gallery audience preferred.  Any such images that are reproduced online
>or in a book would be terrific.
>
>The patron is one of Baltimore's finest screen painters (an art form
>unique to Baltimore and quite spectacular) and she needs the image to
>serve as inspiration for one of her artistic creations.
>
>Any help you can give would be great!
>
>Kathleen Stacey
>Head Librarian
>Walters Art Museum
>Baltimore, MD

There are two that I can think of. Johan Zoffany's Tribuna of Uffizi (in
the collection of Queen Elizabeth II?) and Antione Watteau's L'Enseigne de
Gersaint (in Berlin's Charlottenbourg palace). Hope this helps!

Andrea Bailey Cox
Assistant Visual Resources Curator
Wellesley College
x3331
acox2

"Tunnel vision is caused by an optic fungus that multiplies when the brain
is
less energetic than the ego."
Tom Robbins