We have a painting by Reginald Marsh called "Monday Night at the
Metropolitan" which shows the audience at an opera- the main floor and 2
tiers of boxes. I could send a postcard if your patron is interested...

-----Original Message-----
From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Kathleen Stacey
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 5:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A patron has one of those questions... the kind that only the
kind-hearted and generous whiz kids of

A patron has one of those questions... the kind that only the kind-hearted
and generous whiz kids of ARLIS can solve!

She's looking for a painting of people looking at art.  Or, if such a thing
can't be found, of an audience at a play or opera or some other performance.
Essentially - a painting of an audience, with a museum or gallery audience
preferred.  Any such images that are reproduced online or in a book would be
terrific.

The patron is one of Baltimore's finest screen painters (an art form unique
to Baltimore and quite spectacular) and she needs the image to serve as
inspiration for one of her artistic creations.

Any help you can give would be great!

Kathleen Stacey
Head Librarian
Walters Art Museum