Hi Jon -
This year we were able to import our FileMaker Pro slide records into our
online catalog.  Our slide collection is rather small (only 20,000+ slides).
All slides have barcode labels.  For check-out/check-in we simply scan the
label(s).  This has been a great improvement over making a photocopy of all
slides being checked out by a patron.  Being tied into our OPAC also lets us
easily generate overdue notices.  And by using the OPAC inventory feature, we
were able to do a complete inventory rather easily.

Hope this information may be of use to you.  Please contact me if you'd like
more details.

Kind regards,

Kathy Heuer
Library Director