The Colgate University Digital Media Management project team is attempting
to develop a campus-wide strategy for digitizing, cataloguing
(describing/indexing), storing, and serving digital media (images, audio
files, video files) for curricular use.  We are looking for a solution that
is scalable and includes web accessibility.

If any of you have already adopted a strategy for handling digital media for
curricular use and could share your experience with us, we would be most
grateful.  I am particularly interested in hearing from those of you who
considered merging your image management with your library catalog.  Also,
we'd be interested in hearing what you feel are the important
issues/considerations that need to be addressed.

We have been looking at projects that are announced on this list, and find
them helpful, especially those (like the Arkansas History Commission's
"Ark-ives") that include some of their background documentation on the site.
However, I've only been subscribed since mid-May so we'd appreciate a quick
note with URL from any relevant image projects announced in the past.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Ann Kebabian, Head of Cataloging
Case Library, Colgate University
13 Oak Drive, Hamilton, NY 13346
phone: 315-228-7309