Dear colleagues,

Apologies for using this public forum to let my friends know of a change in
my professional address.  I am leaving Yale after seven wonderful years as
head of the Arts Library.  Effective August 21, I will be Director of
Collection Development for the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation's new ArtSTOR
initiative.  (A preliminary description of ArtSTOR may be found on the
Mellon web site at http://www.mellon.org under "recent announcements").  My
special responsibility at ArtSTOR will be the development of an "image
gallery" consisting of a large suite of collections responding to common
curricula in the history of art and architecture, the kind of work I've
been involved with recently in connection with Yale's own "Imaging America"
project and very recently, as a fellow of the Digital Library Federation,
with the DLF's "Academic Image Cooperative."

I share this news at this relatively early date in part just to let friends
know what's up, but also by way of encouraging potentially interested
colleagues to consider coming to work at Yale.  It's a great university,
with a great library and terrific colleagues, and my lucky successor will
have the great good fortune to work closely with colleagues and with
Richard Meier in designing and building a new Arts Library at Yale.  A job
posting will be forthcoming by and by.

Thanks.

Max Marmor