On behalf of the 2002 Distinguished Service Award Committee, I would like to
invite members of ARLIS/NA to submit nominations for our Society's highest
honor:  the Distinguished Service Award.

The past recipients of this award personify its purpose:  To honor an
individual of any country whose exemplary service in art librarianship,
visual resources curatorship, or a related field, has made an outstanding
national or international contribution to art information and/or art
librarianship.

The deadline for nominations is September 14, 2001, and should be sent to:

Chair, 2002 ARLIS/NA Distinguished Service Awards Committee
c/o Art Libraries Society of North America
329 March Road
Suite 232, Box 11
Kanata, ON   K2K 2E1
Canada

Guidelines, including criteria, eligibility, and procedures may be found
online in the ARLIS/NA website at:

http://www.arlisna.org/dsa98.htm

Milan R. Hughston
Chief of Library & Museum Archives