From: William P Keaveney [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 9:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Points of view

Good day all,

I entered the Library Profession with the belief that it would provide
me with a working environment rich in diversity, thriving on differing
points of view.  I would like to express to all those who responded to
Mr. Ditchburn's comments how deeply offended and disappointed I am.
Your mean spirited, unprofessional and childish attacks lacking the
slightest hint of intellect, cause me to reevaluate my feelings about
the profession.
Being a newcomer to the field of librarianship, and not "a professional"
I can only hope, (for the good of the profession) that comments
presented on ARLIS-L can not be generalized to the population of
Librarians.
I must say, that, especially in the field of Art Librarianship, there
should be a greater openness to differing perspectives, and knowledge
should be gained through critical interpretation of views you may
disagree with.  Verbal abuse, intimidation, and nastiness benefit no one
and certainly do not shed positive light on the profession.

Thanking you for the wake up call
William Keaveney

<disclaimer>
The Ideas and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
William Keaveney.  This message is not intended to be worn as a hat.  Do
not attempt to consume this message in any way other than the prescribed
method of interpreting visually the individual characters which make up
the whole, as personal injury may result.

Financial imbalance
...the Watusi  ...the twist
           El Dorado
Take this brother, may it serve you well
Maybe if if you become
  hold that line hold that line hold th
</disclaimer>