Erik,

I am currently using software called Resource Mate 2.0 Plus
(http://www.resourcemate.com/) to catalog a collection of around 2,000
items.  One of its best features is that you can import Z39.50 compliant
records from the internet.  These records are from the Library of Congress
or a list of other academic libraries that can be found at
http://www.loc.gov/z3950/.  Unfortunately the software does not offer
keyword searching at this time.  It does allow printing of spine labels,
catalog cards, reports, etc.  It also has a circulation feature.

Hope this helps,

Sarah McCleskey
Head, Gunnin Architectural Library
Clemson University