We have had the exact same experience and have been given the same runaround. Today I was given the name of the person who is supposed to handle institutional subscriptions for the fine arts auction database. It is Lucille Blair, at the main number (800-427-8638), x572. She at least called back promptly and is supposed to be fixing the problem. Anyone else I have spoken to there has not even done that.

Good luck,
Karen Cassedy
Library Automation Coordinator
National Gallery of Art

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/11/01 10:14AM >>>
Dear Colleagues,

We are continuing to have problems with ArtNet customer service.  They cut
off access to our account a few months ago and we have been getting the
royal run-around in trying to get it re-instated.  We were sent a letter in
July which stated that due to our usage, we would be able to remain at the
individual members rate.  This was personally signed by Hans Neuendorf.  We
had to fax them a copy of this before they stopped telling us that we were
now responsible for $199 per month.  They promised to set our account back
up and even gave one of my staff a temporary password - which I found out
today does not work.  Since their customer support hours run on east coast
time only, the hours per day which we can talk to them is quite limited.

Does anyone out there have a magic name for someone who can resolve this
problem for us?  I recall the subject of Artnet came up at one of the
conference meetings I attended but I don't recall how this institution got
this problem resolved.

Thanks for any advice.

Debbie Smedstad

Deborah Barlow Smedstad