My thanks to all who helped with my question about the artist, possibly Spanish, who painted pictures of Indian children in the Southwest at the turn of the century. The answered, suggested by Ann Lally, turned out to be Ted De Grazia, who was neither Spanish (American born in Italy) nor turn of the century (born 1909), but did paint a lot of pictures of Indian children in Arizona,  some of which appeared on UNICEF greeting cards. So much for patrons' memories. You can always count on ARLIS-L  for answers.
Stan Shiebert
Seattle PL