Gloria:

Your institution (and you as the contact with your correct e-mail address) IS
listed in the Institutional Members section of the latest (2000/2001)
Handbook (p. 55).  You may have been confused by the listing of individual
members indexed by institution which is an institutional listing, but ONLY of
INDIVIDUAL members.  Though this is a very useful index for individual
members, it doesn't help your situation because the list is a) only of
individual members and b) arranged alphabetically by institution.   As I
understand it, the "member" in the institutional membership category is the
institution, not the personal contact, though one individual from an
institution designated as the institution's representative is allowed to vote
and to hold office.  I guess what you are wishing could be provided would be
an index, by personal name, of those who are the contacts listed for
institutional members.   I believe that the next edition of the Handbook is
going to include more indexes than this year's has.  Perhaps you could
suggest (for next year) an index of institutional member contacts to the
person in charge of membership lists at headquarters.  I think this is Vicky
Roper <[log in to unmask]>   I agree that this kind of index would be very
useful.

Joan Benedetti