To our colleagues:

Since September 1999, the Amon Carter Museum has undergone major renovation
that will more than triple the size of the galleries displaying the museum's
collection of American art. The library, archives, and art storage areas
have also benefited from the expansion, and a paper conservation lab has
been created. During the renovation, staff and collections have been housed
in interim facilities.

To accommodate our move to the new museum and preparations for the reopening
in October 2001, a number of ongoing services will be temporarily suspended,
as listed below. While we regret any inconvenience this may cause you and
your institution, we look forward to offering improved services and
facilities when we reopen. Check for updates and further information on the
construction at the museum's Web site: http://www.cartermuseum.org.

Registrars:

Art shipments in and out: suspended from 5/1/01 to 11/1/01
Collection access for external researchers: suspended from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
Loan requests: suspended from 5/1/01 to 11/1/01
Reproduction requests: suspended from 5/1/01 to 11/1/01

Library and Archives:

Archival services for external researchers: suspended from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
Library services for external researchers: suspended from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
Outgoing interlibrary loan requests: suspended from 5/15/01 to 11/1/01

Education:

Teacher Resource Center services: suspended from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
Guided tours: suspended from 6/11/01 to 10/21/01
Teacher in-service training programs: suspended from 5/1/01 to 11/1/01

Sam Duncan, Acting Librarian
Amon Carter Museum
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107-2695