        From:   Kathleen Stacey [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:14 AM
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Archival copier

        To my amazement, my boss has suggested, somewhat out of the blue,
that we purchase what he calls an "archival" photocopier for the Library (we
currently share  a regular office copier with the rest of the Curatorial
Division).  By archival, we mean a copier that is kinder to book spines -
where the books go over the edge of the machine (I know I'm not describing
this very well, I hope you all know what I mean!)

         I never dreamed we would have the budget for such a thing, so I've
never done any research.  In general, how much do these babies cost?  At the
moment, all we need is a ballpark figure for the budget - then I can start
looking in earnest.

        If anyone out there in ARLIS land has one of these, some quick
general cost info would be great.  Thanks so much!

        Kathleen Stacey
        Head Librarian
        Walters Art Museum, Baltimore, MD