I am forwarding a query from one of my faculty to the list.    She would
like to find the meaning (or translation) of the title of a painting by
Albert Aublet.  The title is: 'Esqui-Djamidja' .   I found the following
information about the artist on the WWW.  We don't appear to have any books
on his works.

Albert AUBLET (1851-1938) : Il a effectué, entre autres voyages, un séjour
en Tunisie dans les années 1920.
http://orientaliste.free.fr/textes/artistes1.html

Other colleagues suggested 'Esqui-Djamidja' might be a the name of a place
or institution, rather than a descriptive or narrative title.  I've asked
the faculty member if she could tell me where the painting is now, but she
hasn't yet responded.

I am hoping that someone on the list may have more information.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Original message follows: