Last Fall I requested information on whether or not you the Librarians
or Gallery Directors at your institution have faculty status.

From the 12 responses received 7 Librarians have faculty status and 5
did not.  3 Gallery Directors had faculty status, 5 did not, and 4 did
not know.

After several meetings, the President recently approved my request for
faculty standing. The faculty were very supportive and fowarded a statement
of support to the President.

Our next step is to develop a policy.  We would be interested in receiving
copies of any policies regarding faculty librarians. Please send to my
attention at the address below.

Thanks to all of those who responded to the first message.

Cheri Coe
Library Director
Paul M. Scott Library
Montserrat College of Art