The Reference Collection of the Pierpont Morgan Library does create a
500 note on the bibliographic record describing reproductions from items
in the curatorial collections, mainly from medieval and Renaissance
manuscripts, and master drawings. We add a subfield 5 with our NUC
symbol (NNPM) denoting that the information is only of interest to us.

If you would like examples, Patrice, I'll be happy to provide you with
them.

Heidi

Patrice O'Donoghue wrote:

> A question for my more experienced colleagues...
>
> We are adding our collection to the online catalog of our local public
> library, the  Central Arkansas Library System.  It is exciting project for
> us, but of course many questions are coming up.
>
> At some point in the past of my library, a project was undertaken to note
> books where images of our collection have appeared.
>
> Do any of you make some notation when your museum's collection is
> represented in a book?
>
> Where do you keep this information?  Do any of you add it to the
> bibliographic record?
>
> I have learned so much from all of you on the list already--it has been a
> life saver for me.
>
> Patrice O'Donoghue
> Librarian
> Arkansas Arts Center