Dear All,
We have a patron who is looking for information on
the following statue:

Street Orderly Boy
by Donato Barcaglia of Milan (1849-1930)
located in the south part of the Paddington Street Gardens, London..

While I've found a great deal of biographical information on
the artist in the usual suspects (Benezit's, Thieme & Becker, etc.),
I can't find anything on this work.  Specifically, she would like to
know
if there is any narrative behind OR significance about the subject
matter.
And, what exactly is a "street orderly boy?"
Any and all assistance is appreciated.
Sincerely,
Kim Collins, art history librarian, Emory University
(404)727-2997