Dear colleagues,

My report from cataloging meetings at the recent ALA Midwinter conference in
Washington has been posted on
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9783/alagen.html (there's one link for
the conflated report and also an outline of various meetings with my reports
as well as reports from others)

Of particular interest to art and VR catalogers:

* CC:DA report (Task Force on VRA Core about to issue final report)

* MARBI report (non-MARC codes for languages and dates, multilingual records)

* SAC report (revised art subject headings, availability of LC authority records

* LC bicentennial conference on bibliographic control in the new millennium -
cf. http://lcweb.loc.gov/catdir/bibcontrol

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or the other ARLIS
and VRA reps to ALA cataloging groups (Anne Champagne, Elizabeth O'Keefe).

Sherman Clarke
NYU Libraries

p.s. NYU has migrated its general email system. If you are using
[log in to unmask], it is no longer a valid address (though they promised they'd
forward stuff).