Greetings!!

It's time for an update on AASL conference planning for Baltimore.  After
all March 16th, opening day, is just around the corner.

Anita Carrico and I have posted a great deal of pertinent information about
Baltimore in a Web guide that also offers some useful travel tips. The fact
that Anita lives in and loves Baltimore shines through in her personal
descriptions of the best that the city has to offer its visitors. There's so
much to do on either end of our annual
meeting, that I hope you can take the opportunity to spend a few extra days
pre or post conference to sample everything.

The link for our Baltimore guide and to the AASL Web site itself is:
http://www.library.njit.edu/archlib/aasl. Jim Robertson at NJIT has
done a great job in getting this new site together quickly and with a lot of
design style. Thanks, Jim!

The ACSA now has its own conference information posted to its site at
http://www.acsa-arch.org. They've made a few changes to the sequence of
their Friday evening events to which we're invited. So take a look. Buses
still depart for Morgan State from the Biltmore, however, at the same time
as listed in our preliminary program: between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m., Friday,
3/16. When you stop by the AASL reception desk (Hotel Ballroom level) to
pick up your registration packet between noon and 4:00 p.m. on that Friday,
we will give you an ACSA event ticket along with your packet.

Speaking of registration, please remember that you should send in your
registration form and check by March 1, to avoid the $10 late registration
fee.  If you've misplaced your conference registration form, you can print
one out from the AASL Web site.

The AASL conferees will meet starting at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday in
the Biltmore's International Room which is on a lower level of the hotel.
More specific information will be in your registration packet.

Anita is checking out several moderately priced restaurants for our group
dinner on Saturday evening following the post-tour reception at her Federal
Hill home. As has been traditional, the dinner is not included in the
registration fee. If we negotiate a flat fee, we'll post that information in
advance for your planning purposes.

In the meantime, our program is coming together and I think you'll enjoy and
learn from our various sessions. I look forward to seeing quite a few of you
in Baltimore.  Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments!

Judy Connorton
AASL VP
The City College of New York
Architecture Library