The Research Committee is pleased to announce the winners of the 2001 ARLIS/NA Research Awards. The recipients will be recognized during the convocation at the annual conference in Los Angeles. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Worldwide Books and H.W. Wilson for sponsoring these awards. Please join us in congratulating the following winners for their valuable contribution to our field.

Worldwide Books Publication Award

Paula A. Baxter, for Encyclopedia of Native American Jewelry: A Guide to History, People, and Terms. (Phoenix, AZ: Oryx Press, 2000)

Peter Erikson, for Early Modern Visual Culture: Representation, Race, and Empire in Renaissance England. (Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2000)

Kathy E. Zimon, for Alberta Society of Artists: The First Seventy Years. (Calgary, Alberta: University of Calgary Press, 2000)

H.W. Wilson Foundation Research Award

Jonathan Franklin for a proposed bibliographical study of art auction catalogs.

Lamia Doumato for a proposed bibliography of illuminated manuscripts of the Crusader Era.