From: Rosemary Haddad [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 8:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Dusty books

Dear colleagues: I would be interested to hear, especially from others
involved in conservation/preservation, what methods you are currently using
to remove accumulated dust from the tops of books, apart from using a
low-suction vacuum (which doesn't do a great job). Our book conservator
prefers the use of a chemical sponge.  We will embark on a fairly large
project (some 190,000 volumes) once we have decided on the best approach.

Rosemary Haddad
Bibliothécaire associée / Associate Librarian
Centre Canadien d'Architecture / Canadian Centre for Architecture
1920, rue Baile
Montréal, Québec, CANADA
H3H 2S6
tel: (514) 939-7000