Here at the Delaware Art Museum we also catalogue "In" analytics quite regularly.  It is quite useful for a small specialized library such as ours. While we can't purchase all of the fine art journals we would like, we can obtain and catalogue those articles that are particularly pertinent to our collection.  Our catalogued journal articles and offprints are placed in an acid free envelope, classified and shelved with the main book collection.

Kraig A. Binkowski
Head Librarian
Helen Farr Sloan Library
Delaware Art Museum
2301 Kentmere Parkway, Wilmington, DE 19806
(302) 571-9590 ext 529   [log in to unmask]

>>> Rod Dew <[log in to unmask]> 01/18/01 05:36PM >>>
 Our museum library sometimes catalogues articles from magazines and
journals apt to be of particular interest to our curators and patrons.
These are usually photocopied, put into a pamphler binder, assigned a LC
call number, and catalogued as monographs with a note citing the source.
Original articles are sometimes extracted from duplicate issues of
journals.

Since the utility of including these "IN" analytics in a larger college
catalogue has been challenged, I would be most interested in hearing from
other art librarians who do "IN" analytics.