I am posting the following for a colleague at the Smithsonian American Art Museum:

Dear art librarians:
    If your web site includes a list of online journals, please consider linking to the url for American Art, the journal of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, www.americanart.si.edu/journal.
     The electronic edition includes the text and thumbnail pictures from many articles published since 1997 in our better-known print edition as well as a comprehensive index of content from all previous issues. Access is free of charge.
     Each issue of the journal consists of a mix of commentary, research articles, "Personal Selections" about single art works in public collections, and other features such as tributes to individual artists. The content is especially suitable for the scholar, university student, and general educated  reader.
     Information about subscribing to the richly illustrated and more complete print journal is also available on the web site. We believe it is an important resource about our nation's visual heritage for any student of American art and art history.
     Cynthia Mills, Ph.D.
     Executive editor, American Art
     Smithsonian American Art Museum