Linda:

Thanks for the update on the cost of the Super Shuttle.  We got the
information regarding the Super Shuttle and all the other transportation
options that you will find on p. 6 of the Preliminary Program (and on the
conference web site) back in the middle of the summer and I guess it's
inevitable that there might be some changes.  The taxi fare listed in the
program is $24 each way from LAX, with a $2.50 surcharge from the airport to
the hotel.  The Super Shuttle is a better bargain for one or two people.  On
a per person basis, a taxi will be cheaper only if you have more than two
persons in the cab.  (Of course, piling 4 or 5 ARLIS members into a cab is a
really sociable way to start out the conference!)  The program also lists
shuttle and cab fares from Burbank airport--check out p. 6--but realize that
there may be slight differences by the time you arrive at the end of March.

Although we won't be including travel information in the printed Final
Program, Susan Jurist can update the web site and the online Preliminary
Program.  If you haven't had a chance to look at the conference web site <
http://arlis2001.ucsd.edu> --and the online program, don't delay.  It is
truly terrific--and a labor of love--that Susan has given us.  Thanks again
for your input.

Joan Benedetti, Writer/Editor
ARLIS/NA 2001 Conference