off the top of my head:

jim dine often uses classical sculpture in his own work.  there is a public
piece of three bronzes based on the venus de milo on sixth avenue in midtown
manhattan.

there is a piece by marisol at the metropolitan museum of art based on da
vinci's last supper.  may be an image available on their website.

german neo-expressionist markus lupertz makes cartoony picassoid sculptures
that are often also based on classical and pre-classical figures.  am thinking
particularly of a large estruscanlike warrior figure that i saw once in a
european museum.

larry rivers often uses other art in his work, particularly his relief
paintings, which are as much sculpture as painting.

try also red grooms and roy lichtenstein.  maybe mike bidlo and other
appropriationists.

>===== Original Message From ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST
>A faculty member would like to find images of contemporary sculpture which
>are based upon or pay homage to earlier pieces.  I have suggested the book
>"Encounters," but wonder if anyone has other suggestions.  Do you know
>specific pieces of contemporary sculpture which are based upon earlier
>works?  Any books or suggestions for search strategies to find
>works?  Thanks.
>
>--Peggy Keeran
>Penrose Library
>University of Denver