Dear ARLIS/NA members,

In December 2000, the ARLIS/NA Web Site Administrative Board (AWSAB)
reviewed the applicants for the position of AWS Editor and made a
recommendation to the Executive Board.  The recommendation was approved,
and the applicant has accepted.  I'm excited to announce to you that the
newly appointed AWS Editor is Jonathan Franklin of the National Gallery of
Canada Library.

Jonathan has extensive background in Internet database management and has
demonstrated proficient editorial skills.  He is located geographically
near ARLIS/NA's headquarters and the AWS Webmaster, which will make
communication between them more convenient.

Some of you might be confused by the entire structure of the administration
of the AWS, so I will clarify the individuals involved and their duties.
** Derek Crossley is the ARLIS/NA Web Site (AWS) Webmaster.  He is
responsible for uploading all web files to the server.
** Jonathan Franklin ([log in to unmask]) is the ARLIS/NA Web Site (AWS)
Editor.  Jonathan's responsibility will be acting as a liaison between all
of the Divisions, Sections, and Round Tables to vet their HTML files before
sending them on to Derek for uploading.  He will ensure that all files
submitted are in proper HTML format and conform to the template.  He will
also act as the HTML designer for the Executive Board.
** Roberto C. Ferrari ([log in to unmask]) is the Chair of the ARLIS/NA Web
Site Administrative Board (AWSAB).  This board currently also includes Lee
Sorensen, Paula Hardin, Mary Graham, Lorna Corbetta-Noyes, Ruth Wallach,
and Pedro Figueredo.  Together it is the purpose of the AWSAB to work on
design, structure, and future development of the AWS to better suit the
needs of the membership at large.

Jonathan will have quite a bit of work ahead of him for the first few
months preparing information for the Executive Board.  It is important then
that you NOT submit your requests for new web pages to be uploaded, etc. at
this time.  We are not ready to handle such requests.  Things will continue
as they currently stand with only important files (those of timely
interest) being sent to Jonathan as they have been sent to me up until now.
 So as not to confuse the membership too much, annual reports can still be
sent to me and I will see that they are posted to the AWS in due course.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

        -- Roberto

Roberto C. Ferrari
Vice President/President-Elect, ARLIS/SE
Chair, ARLIS/NA Web Site Administrative Board
Florida Atlantic University Library
PHONE: 561-297-3575
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
WEB: http://www.fau.edu/library/people/rferrari.htm