Over the last dozen years, we've built up a stellar collection of
architectural serials.  Hugh Pagan in London is one dealer who handles
them, as does Ars Libri here in the U.S.  The latter, however, is expensive
but they will keep a desiderata list on file and often have complete back
runs in stock.  http://www.arslibri.com/
Lately I have been using Bookfinder http://www.bookfinder.com/ and
Bibliofind http://www.bibliofind.com/, both of which has foreign dealers
included.
Good luck.  The secret is perseverance and letting dealers know what you
are in the market for.
Shelli

At 10:25 AM 01/30/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everyone!
>
>I need some advice on a matter related to collection development in
>Architecture.
>
>We have a new tenure track faculty member who's an Architectural Historian.
>To support his classes and research we want to buy back-runs of selected
>architecture periodicals.
>
>Could anyone recommend any out-of-print/used/rare book dealers who
>specialize in architecture?  Of course if there are other tactics you have
>used to locate back-runs of architecture periodicals that would be of great
>help also....
>
>FYI, I've checked Microforms in Print and located microfilm copies for many
>of our title.  Unfortunately this is a distant second choice; we'd really
>like to get these issues in print if possible.
>

>Thanks!
>
>Barbara
>

>Barbara Q. Prior
>Head, The Clarence Ward Art Library
>Oberlin College
>Allen Art Building
>91 North Main Street
>Oberlin, OH 44074-1193
>
>Email: [log in to unmask]
>Phone: (440)775-8635
>Fax: (440)775-8969
>
>http://www.oberlin.edu/~library/artlib/

PLEASE USE MY NEW  E-MAIL ADDRESS AFTER MARCH 1ST:  [log in to unmask]

Rochelle S. Elstein,
Bibliographer
Collection Management
Northwestern University Library