Dear Colleagues, as a few of you know from attending the ALA Midwinter
conference, I have accepted a position at Columbia College Chicago as Head
of Access Services.  I will begin on February 19,2001.  I've been here at
the School for 20 years, and it has been incredibly rewarding, to sum it up
w/one adjective.  I'm looking forward to new challenges and opportunities
at Columbia College.  Also, it's just down the street, so no major
commuting changes involved.  It will be difficult leaving here, no doubt
about it, but time marches on, and so I do as well.

The job notice will probably appear in a couple of weeks, on this list as
well as the ACRL ARTS List and American Library Association job site.  I
would encourage anyone qualified and interested in a highly
"people/service" oriented position to apply.  I can assure you, you won't
be tied to an office chair - you'll get your exercise. You'll learn a lot
and have some fun too.

I'll be in touch w/new address and phone after the 19th. roland.
Roland C. Hansen
Readers' Services Librarian
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Flaxman Library