We are searching for examples of museum staff travel policies, as well as published or unpublished studies and discussions on this topic.  Purposes for travel are: professional development, lecturing and other outreach activities on behalf of the museum.  We are excluding travel for courriering works of art from this study.

I have searched art reference databases, the Internet and our reference collection and have found virtually nothing.  I would appreciate receiving citations to studies,  discussions on this topic and to existing travel policies which we may be able to obtain for comparative purposes.  Thank you.

Peter Trepanier
Head, Reader Services /Responsable, Services aux lecteurs
Library and Archives/Bibliothèque et Archives
National Gallery of Canada/Musée des beaux-arts du Canada
380 Sussex Drive/380, promenade Sussex
P.O. Box 427, Sta. A/C.P. 427, Succ. A
Ottawa  ON  K1N 9N4
T:613.990.0587