Dear Colleagues,

We are trying to find papers,research,books that discuss the use of
color in ancient roman , greek  et al ... statues according to history
records most statues were not white as we  see them today but painted
.We are finding it very difficult to find any texts that discuss this
aspect of ancient sculpture.Apparently temples were also painted.
Can anyone help us  - we would greatly appreciate any leads to finding
out more about tis intriguing subject.

Many, many thanks in advance

Cleo

--
Cleo Wilkinson
Librarian

PH : 61 7 3377 8525
FX : 61 7 3377 8737

email : [log in to unmask]

"When people are free to do as they please ,they imitate each other "
ERIC HOFFER