Colleagues,

   The administration of our library has asked the subject librarians to
look at duplicate
formats for all indexes and journals in their areas and consider canceling
the duplicate
paper format as a cost-saving measure.  Have any of you considered canceling
titles in
duplicate formats, and perhaps even done so already?  I would like to get a
sense of how
common this process is becoming and what the response has been from faculty
and students.
I am interested in current practice as it relates specifically to the visual
and performing arts.
    I would very much appreciate your thoughts and experiences on this
issue. You may
respond directly to me. Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Bonnie Reed
Fine Arts Librarian
Texas Tech University Libraries
Lubbock, TX 79409-0002