Dear Ruth:

I'm not attending those meetings, but there are some old sights that are
definitely worth re-visiting.  One is, of course, Balboa Park.  In fact, I
always advise people to allow a whole day for Balboa Park.  I don't know when
you were there last, but there are at least a couple of new museums in the
Park and those that have been there forever have been beautifully renovated.
The other outstanding attraction, much improved from what it was 20 years
ago, is "Old Town."  Also if you have a taste for postmodern architecture,
Horton Plaza in downtown San Diego is fun.  Downtown San Diego also has some
beautifully renovated turn of the century buildings.  Have fun!

Joan Benedetti