Dear colleagues,

After having worked for almost eight years as the Head of the
Library of the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam, it was time for a
new challenge. I found that in a job with the Netherlands
Normalization Institute, the NEN, in Delft, where I shall start a new
career as a consultant as from January 2001 and will occupy
myself with the standards for documentary information systems.
My tasks at the library of the Stedelijk Museum will be taken over
by Willem van Beek and Saskia Stokhof until further notice.

Although I really look forward to my new job, I shall miss my
contacts with all of you. Maybe that we will meet again in my new
position, in order to promote the co-operation between (art) libraries
and to further improve their quality by standardization.

With kind regards,

Jan Rietveld
Library Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
phone +31 (0)20 - 5732 769