Colleagues: I've just had an electronic reference query about contemporary
books on art for young folks("children" grades
one through nine per the questioner!). The question came
from someone whose mother owns a series of books dating
from the 1930's that explains art in language that "children"
of that age might understand and they want to know if there is
a more contemporary series of books that covers this area...
Since I select books for an academic library at an institution
that does not "do" elementary and junior high art education,
I am totally at a loss as to what to recommend or what
alternatives to offer. Can someone in the Public Library Division
help in this quest? Thanks in advance for whatever help you can
provide to me. Share with the list?------tom jacoby