Dear colleagues:
I am sorry to share the news that our colleague and friend Ann Gilbert
passed away Sunday after a six-month battle with cancer.  There will be two
memorial services, one in Berkeley and one on Cape Cod next July.  I do not
have the details on the services yet.  Ann retired from the University of
California, Berkeley.  She was an active member of ARLIS/NA and served on
the ARLIS/NA Executive Board as Western Regional Rep.

In Ann's memory and in recognition of her love of the ARLIS/NA annual
conference, Tom and I wish to make the first contribution to a new ARLIS/NA
fund, just established this year.  Jill Patrick, Chair of the Development
Committee has supplied the following information about the new fund:

ARLIS/NA Conference Speakers Fund
As the profession evolves, so does its need to hear outside voices who can
present information and ideas that will have an impact on our changing
world. The Conference Speakers Fund encourages the involvement of speakers
from outside the Society at the annual conference, workshops, and regional
meetings.

Individuals, Institutions and Businesses may contribute to the ARLIS/NA
Conference Speakers Fund through the 2001 Membership Application/Renewal
(download form http://www.arlisna.org)

Those wishing to make a donation in Ann's memory to this new ARLIS/NA fund
should complete the following information:

Donation to ARLIS/NA Conference Speaker Fund
In Memory of Ann Gilbert

Amount:
Name:
Address:
Tel:
Fax:
Email:

and mail, together with your cheque or money order payable to ARLIS/NA, to:

Bonnie James
Accounts Manager, ARLIS/NA
329 March Road
Suite 232, Box 11
Ottawa, Ontario  CANADA
K2K 2E1

All best,
Trudy

Trudy Jacoby
Curator, Curricular Resources Collections
Trinity College, Hallden Hall, Hartford, CT