ARLIS/NA members,

It has come to my attention that one candidate's statement, as it appears
in the Board election brochure recently mailed to you, is incomplete.  The
Statement of Goals for Martha Childers, candidate for the post of Midwest
Regional Representative, was inadvertently omitted.  We apologize to Martha
for this error.

Karen McKenzie
President, ARLIS/NA

Candidate’s Name:  Martha Childers
Office:  Midwest Regional Representative
Statement of Goals:  I consider ARLIS/NA a remarkable Society with talented
visual arts professionals.  I believe our Society plays an outstanding role
in representing our profession in the greater community.  I also believe
that this role will strengthen with the continued service of our members to
the Society.  I have been active in local Chapter activities by attending
meetings and serving as an active member on the Bylaws Revision Committee.
Chapters provide a vital forum for regional professional activities.  As
Midwest Regional Representative, I would have three goals:  1. Provide an
effective means for regional members to
communicate openly with the ARLIS/NA Board;  2.  Encourage expanding
membership by opening dialogue at the chapter level and share those ideas
with other groups;  3.  Increase communication among members in the region
by building on the groundwork already laid by members who are developing
websites.  ARLIS/NA and the local chapters provide a dynamic and nurturing
role in supporting and developing my professional life.
I would welcome the opportunity to serve as Midwest Regional
Representative.